Launch of the Africa Sound platform February 10, 2015!
Africa Sound, what is it?
• A website to showcase African artists and music creation around reggae, and more generally african urban music;
• An online store to allow artists to sell their creations live on the most advantageous terms;
• “Riddims“ and compilations involving African artists of different nationalities;
• An events calendar and a news portal about reggae in Africa;
• A first web doc – in progress – to discover Mozambican artists: what they have to say about their music, their society, the message they convey, …;
Africa Sound, who is it?
Spreading reggae in Africa and african reggae worldwide
Africa Sound was born of the will of Dja O Mic and Suwedi, through their label (Fale City Records) and company (Suwedi Prod), to work for the recognition, promotion and dissemination of reggae in Africa, and African reggae in the world.
Africa Sound, why?
If Jamaica is the land of reggae, Africa is the continent. However, only a few African artists are recognized beyond national scene. This incredible creative pool which, from Dakar to Cape Town, Maputo to Abidjan, saw the birth of the leading artists mainly suffers difficulties related to the music market – especially in Africa: we have decided to create and make available a space for African artists to distribute and sell – at the best possible terms – their creations.
Building links & exchange
We aim to connect and reggae artists from different African countries and create synergies and exchanges, mutual support and collaboration.
Africa Sound is … you!
Contact us. Help us make this Africa Sound the best possible platform for dissemination and promotion of reggae in Africa, and african reggae worldwide.